Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Newman Farms: The Bounty of Bohemia



My dad came up with that tag line for my unofficial farming venture. Well, I suppose that it's a real venture, just not a company. My mom and I went to the garden center this past weekend to choose what plants I would attempt to grow. While most everything looked great, I had to choose wisely. Here's what made the cut: three tomato plants (two Celebrity tomatoes and one Sweet 100), three bell pepper plants, two English cucumbers, three strawberry plants, basil, chives and lavender. Oh, and I bought several marigolds because of their natural insect-deterring scent. I'm excited about all of them, but I'm especially excited to see how the tomatoes do. I really hope that they produce so much that by August, I'm tired of eating tomatoes.

And here's what it looks like all planted in the ground. Let's all hope that my efforts prove fruitful. Pun intended.

No comments: