Friday, March 13, 2009

Chantix For Two

It's my third day of Chantix and I'm still here. It's actually starting to make a lot more sense, too.

I decided to smoke a cigarette around 10:00 this morning. I was horrified when I realized what a letdown it was. Typically, 10:00 cigarettes are pretty righteous. Again, I thought I'd smoke after lunch. It was more of the same.

It's been three days. THREE DAYS. I'm already feeling myself smoking, not out of need, but out of habit and habit alone. I've not had a single cigarette craving all day. Now, the habit of just smoking for the sake of smoking? That might be the uphill climb of this battle.

I didn't have any unusual dreams last night, either. I was pleasantly surprised when the last song I heard before drifting off to sleep crept its way into my slumber. Lucky for me, I was listening to some pretty great music last night. Gentle Hour by Yo La Tengo = sweet dreams for me!

On a different (but not too different) note, I've insprired (or at least I like to think so) one other to accompany me on the thrill ride that is Chantix. He's starting three days after me, so clearly, I'm light years ahead of him. I'm kidding, of course. But, it will be so nice to have someone who can really, really relate to what's happening with this whole thing. It's always nice to have a partner in what we attempt to accomplish. It just makes it more fun. Wish us both luck!

I'm going to see Bill Cosby tonight with my Dad. I'm fighting the urge to make a sign that says something about Jello Pudding Pops. What ever happened to those things? They were staggeringly delicious. I'll have to ask Dr. Cosby this evening. I'll let you know what he says.

No comments: