Monday, June 20, 2011

Home is where the fart is ...

I'm turning into a real life grown up. I pick my battles. I get up before my alarm sounds. I make dinner most nights. I'm purchasing a home of my own. However, I still love what I love. Inappropriate remarks? Sure, every so often can't hurt. Laughing until we're both crying because of some stupid video on America's Funniest Home Videos? I wouldn't be me without it. In other words, my irreverence still shows up every now and then. Truthfully, I wouldn't have it any other way. It's like I told Mr. M. the other night, "we're like 16-year olds with bank accounts." Because we are. We listen to loud music and eat candy whenever we feel like it.

We also try to be emotionally graceful and patient. We try to make the wisest decisions we can, and we love our creatures to bits and pieces. But, most of all, we are mindful of one another.

Ah, the dichotomy of adulthood.

So, would you like to see our house? Of course you would! We invite you to get your rear end to Texas for cocktail hour on the patio!

No comments: