Monday, May 18, 2009

Goldfish, Beers, Baskets and Weddings

Hey there. Yeah, I've been (un)noticeably absent. Wanna make something of it? I didn't think so...

I have had lots to say, just haven't been able to force it out. I guess I'll hit the high points for you. Where to begin? The beginning, I suppose. Makes sense to me!

First, the bad news: the man of my house is no longer with us. Yes friends, Lamont Goldfish has gone on to the big ocean in the sky. It was startlingly sad. We all think, "It's just a goldfish." The reality is, that little dude was the best goldfish in all the land (Or water, in this case.). Anyway, I gave him a proper burial. Not at sea, but under the crepe myrtle tree in my parents' backyard. Anyway, another chapter in my life has closed. I don't plan on replacing him. Mostly because, he's irreplaceable.

Now, some good stuff, eh? My former guitar teacher and I have started to hang out again and I could not be more excited! I absolutely adore him and we have entirely too much fun together. He's been lighting the fire under me to play again and that makes me very, very happy. As evidenced by my lack of blog posts, I have been feeling creatively stifled for a bit now, but the cobwebs are beginning to clear. It's like I can breathe again. Ah.

I went back home to visit for Festival International de Louisiane and had an absolute blast. My dear friend, who I shall refer to as "Bitty" opened her home to myself and several friends during this celebration. Anyway, she's a magnificent gal who is helping me see things with more clarity. Also, she's about as funny they come and it was when she put several beers in the basket of her bicycle that I realized that she and I were really meant to be friends. I mean, the alliteration of that sentence alone make me giddy. Bitty puts beers in the basket on her bicycle? This is the stuff a writer's dreams are made of. Unfortunately, there is no photographic evidence of this, but I plan on remedying that real quick. I asked her if we can recreate the event for photo's sake and she has been more than happy to oblige. Pictures coming soon...

My younger sister got married about two weeks ago. Talk about an out-of-body experience. While it was a little weird, it was absolutely perfect and I could not be more thrilled for her. I had to make my mark, though! I wore a tiny, vintage Iron Maiden pin on my bridesmaid's dress. That, and the Chuck Taylors I wore to the reception made me feel a little more like me and little less out of place. It's the small things, I suppose.

I'm heading back down I-10 for the Memorial Day weekend. Hopefully, I'll return with good stories and even better photos. 'Til next time!

No comments: