Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Is This REALLY What Single People Do?

In the span of less than 30 minutes, I have had two friends confess that they are attempting to meet their soul mates through online dating sites. Now, these friends of mine are great people! Any guy or girl would be lucky to have them. Perhaps I'm way outdated in my "old" age, but whatever happened to meeting people the old-fashioned way? You know, seeing some cute guy across the room and feverishly trying to muster the courage to walk over and say hello only to find out he's got a girlfriend anyway. Ah, those were the days.

I'm a single girl. I'm pretty cute. I've got a great sense of humor and most excellent taste in music. Maybe I ought to consider the online dating scene. I mean, I am new to the area and so far, I've only met one hottie who doesn't even own a car and takes ritual baths with each new moon. Now, I'm really open-minded and am regularly accused of being a hippie, but ritual baths? Yeah, no.

Thoughts? Comments? Concerns? I know I've got concerns...

2 comments:

raindog said...

there. followed. i shan't be late again. ha. :)

go for the online dating. the commercials say it works and all advertising is 100% spot on believable and accurate, right? so, nothing to lose.

i'm just realizing this, but you saw maiden recently? don't tell me they played as close as houton, but tell me one thing: did they play phantom of the opera?

Jessica said...

I saw Maiden last May here in Houston. I know it wasn't that recent, but definitely one of my cooler shows. They did NOT play Phantom that night. I believe you can probably look up the setlist somewhere online and it'll recap what went down. It was phenomenal.

Yeah, online dating. I'm definitely not sold. Maybe I'm not desperate enough yet. I'll keep you posted!

Glad you hit the follow button!!! You're my favorite!!!